Sunday, December 29, 2013

RECONNECT : Father's Side of the Family


GIRL COUSINS
Boys Second Degree Cousins

ME.COUSINS.GIRLS.BOYS
Life Has more meaning if you have people to share it with
In the last three years of my life, I have quite distanced myself from my other relatives. I thought that if I just stayed with those closest to me then everything would be deemed fine. I have managed to have fun and even treasure those moments of laughter, but later on I realized how I've taken for granted their value in my life also. Everybody is worth the effort, it just takes a leap of faith to start knowing each other again.

These people were my childhood playmates. Maybe it is part of growing up that we have to let go of those childish acts. We are teenagers, we should know better than to act foolishly. During our Family Christmas Parties before, I could remember the many gifts that were piled in the table and how we would circle it and look for our names. We often go to the party even just to go swimming, we missed out on the formal party but we didn't miss out on the fun of having family around. To go to stage and just jump up and down, how fun it was to be a child again.

TRADITION. It has been a tradition that we celebrate our Christmas Parties in Taipan Hotel, but many of us wondered, "Why not change the venue?" with the time to ponder we concluded. It's best if we don't change it, let's make this a mark that every time we would go here we would remember that this was always a place of happy memories. A place we can see as a historical family site. 

I have been gone for many months and I see Christmas as I time to reconnect to those special people. Practicing our family dance presentation was quite a struggle but I knew from the start that it is worth it! and truly it was. 

All in all, I'm happy to have talked to my cousins but I blame the table arrangement though hahaha. If it were not that we have to seat according to our age range then we would have missed the opportunity to catch up. Thank you for making this memory one of the most unforgettable ones.

At last after three years...



No comments:

Post a Comment