Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sweetest Sixteenth Birthday !



SWEET SIXTEEN
A birthday is only one among the 365 days in a year, it is a day that commemorates our birth to this world, a day we can call our own, a day so special that celebrating it with the people you love is the only way you can truly get its essence.

I have lived my life already for one and a half decade... Or 15 years...
Last January  4 2014 was my Sixteenth birthday or what most teenagers would call as their "sweet sixteenth birthday"

I can really say that I have grown much in the last years in my high school life( though not physically - height deprived hahaha) mentally and spiritually. As a teenager I have realized the significance of having a lot on my arms, family there! friends over here! And many other important parts in my life that I often have a hard time choosing which one would come first. DILEMMA - a word... An expression that I usually say to connote what I am going through when faced in a situation of having to choose which has more value.

It's hard to make a choice especially when you can't differentiate the things that you have to do from the things that you desire.

I'm growing up and it brought good changes to me. The experiences that I had made me grow into a person that i am sure my parents and many others are very proud of. And as i strive for greatness, I do not only think about what it is to me but also to others, that is if I can do it so can they. "Thank you for inspiring others"; "continue giving inspiration to others" most of my closest friends have told me this and it just brightens my heart that overcoming the struggles in my studies...in my leadership experience...in my family, I have also managed to inspire others to do the same. We might have different ways in doing so but the fighting spirit is what it takes to make the impossible, POSSIBLE.


I'll never go away, that old me will always be intact but the thing here is "I am growing up" and there are people that are close to me that have to accept that while I'm finding out more about myself it does not mean that I'm losing that part of me that came from them.

I would like to thank everyone who made my sweet 16th birthday very unforgettable...


My parents who supported me in my decision to be more mature in dealing with my responsibilities. It was a rough path to take at first, I mean it's hard to tell your parents that you would want/ need to celebrate your birthday without them because you have a party to attend to or you want to celebrate it with your classmates on your senior year... Right?
But I made it through, I stood up for what I believe would make me happy. Though i only got to spend 12:01 am - 9 am of my day with them it still counted as a big part of my birthday celebration. (Garlic rice for breakfast! Yum! )

" I am their baby, and the more I find myself, the more they feel that they are losing me "


My LCLC Family who celebrated with me with great joy and enthusiasm. Though the gathering was for the purpose of our post X-mas party but they also made me feel loved by making my day interactively fun, with parlor games that blows your mind out. They even made me do an interpretative dance and with my rough voice they even let me say the prayer. Through a silent but meaningful birthday surprise, all the b-day celebrants of December and January  were made to light a candle and make our wishes to the Lord.
@ YELLOW CAB with 4 CALUNGSOD
My 4 Calungsod family who waited for me at yellowcab pizza and have my birthday dinner with me. They sang me a happy birthday and even had me blow a candle placed in the center of a big pizza. Though my family was not with me but i had them to celebrate my night with. Thank you for the happiness that you have shared with me especially those people who made me in awe out of the big pink secret Surprise they made for me! I never thought my day could get any better after being able to spend it with the people i treasure the most- but it did! As i opened the doors to my room... There it was floating pink balloons, a bouquet of roses, pictures, gifts, and messages from my friends...

I could not measure the wideness of the smile that I had put on! Surprises were really my thing, but in the sense that I am the one who gives it and not the one who gets it. Somebody told me that , "loving, caring ...bring those traits with you, bring those traitts which you have acquired in pages 1 - 15 as you turn to page 16 ." I hope this person gets the message of how grateful I am and thankful for all the efforts that he has put into it, it has touched me really deep and i'll always have this person close to my heart. Friendship becomes stronger because of the experiences that you shared with each other.




My birthday was truly special and wisely spent. Every moment was special and meaningful. I am now a sixteen year old teenager, living my life as best as I could and treasuring the people that gave me a purpose to live.




No comments:

Post a Comment